The published articles are meant to primarily educate the students in printing to supplement their knowledge in the field of Printing. These are not simple Glossary of printing terms, but to the extent possible every term has been explained in brief so that it can be of some use to the students who appear in some sort of examinations and interviews.
I served the Printing Industry for over 40 years
in various capacities, a major part in an Security Printing Organization. In order not to waste the printing and paper related knowledge which I gained over years, I decided to keep them in public domain for the reason stated in prepara. Most of the illustrations - over 90% - have been generated by me to explain the terms suitably.
While I am not sure to what extent the published content will help, if the content is going to be of use to some one in some manner, I will be greatly satisfied.
Your views may be sent to me (
nrj_1945@yahoo.com) for my record and correction wherever needed.

TOTAL NO OF PRINTING TERMS

POSTED TILL NOVEMBER, 2012

- Over 400 terms-

Click on this line to read from 'A'

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Comment- Part-3 a



In response to my article under Printing defects on Canadian Currencies Part-3, Mr Hitesh Doshi who teaches in the Architectural Science Department at Ryerson University, Canada** has sent a mail in the following manner:

** { (1) (Ref:- Doshi, H. (2016) - Holy CTC Coupon and Recurring Ink Patch on Sequence of CT Coupons, The Collector, Vol. 26, No.1, 2016, pp. 8-10.- Email: by Hitesh Doshi -hdoshi@ryerson.ca) (2) Ref: Printing Registration Related Design Arte facts in Canadian Banknotes, The C N Journal, Volume 60, Number 5, July-August 2015) 

Quote
Hello Mr. Jayaraman, 

Again I bow to your deep expertise in this area. You have imparted some excellent knowledge.

For clarification Canadian Polymer Bank Notes are printed on BOPP by Securency/Innovia.

As I study more notes I am sure to keep all your points in mind. Since I only get to see final produced batches of notes I cannot see the whole sheets. However in bundles of consecutive notes I can see contiguous notes in the same position. Also I have noticed that the Bank of Canada processes banknotes such that in each bundle it is possible to find notes from adjacent positions. In some instances it is possible to find bank notes from the top of the sheet in one column and the bottom of the sheet in the adjacent column.

From serial numbers one can make out that they are from the same sheet. 

Recently I happened to get such a bundle. Your theory of substrate dimension stability appears to hold true in this particular bundle. I will try to scan these notes and send to you for your reference. 

Again thank you very much. You have truly enriched the mind with your thorough and insightful analysis.

Hitesh

Unquote 

Thanks Hitesh for the feed back.

-Jayaraman-

No comments:

Post a Comment